History of Nabugabo Holiday Centre

Lake Nabugabo Holiday and Conference Center, Masaka was started in 1926 by a white Christian named Captain H. Boazman. The land belonged to the Bamuta family, a prominent Christian family from West Buganda Diocese. Mr Boazman leased this land for 99 years.

The property is currently registered in the names of the Registered Trustees of the Church of Uganda, P.O. Box 14123, Kampala. It is a lease hold interest LRV 218 portfolio for 99 years with effect from 01.03.1926.

It was acquired by the Registered Trustees of the Church of Uganda on 1st February, 1960 from Administrator General who was actually Captain Boazman, and later on registered in the names of the owners (The Registered Trustees of the Native Anglican church of Uganda), on 6th February, 1961 at 9:05am by Instrument No. 149163.

On 10th June, 2006 the Directors of Church Commissioners Holding Company communicated to the Board of Namirembe Guest House under the Chairmanship of Mr. Emmanuel Tayebwa the decision to bring NHCC under the management of Namirembe Guest House.